Airlines low cost they have become a true boom around the world. It is not for less. Some of them are fabulous, not only because of their price, but because they offer services of remarkable quality. They make the cost / benefit equation fully compensated.
Actually, these airlines low cost they are an excellent alternative to fly around the world. There are many travelers who carelessly have the first class in large company airplanes. Many times they cost two or three times more than low cost. But the difference in quality is not two or three times better.
Here we have to make a caveat. Low cost airlines are not the same as marginal and unknown airlines. In the latter case, care must be taken, since its low price is often due to operating failures.
That said, there are airlines that have practically everything: they are cheap, good and reliable. Every year, the Skytrax auditormake the ranking of the best airlines low cost of the world. These were the results of 2018.
The 10 best airlines low cost of the worldEasyJet aircraft - Pierre Anquet / Flickr.com
In increasing order, from ten to one, the best airlines low cost of the world, according to Skytrax, they are the following:
- Scoot: Singapore Airlines subsidiary. It basically operates in Singapore, India and China. It works since 2012.
- Eurowings: is based in Dusseldorf, Germany. It depends on Lufthansa and makes flights in Europe, America, Asia and Africa. It works since 1993, but it had a great transformation in 2014.
- southwest Airlines: is based in Dallas (United States). It is one of the largest in the world, by fleet and by number of passengers. Fly to 65 destinations in the United States.
- Indigo: It is a local airline from India that has had great growth since its creation in 2006. It flies to 17 destinations in India.
- Westjet: a Canadian airline that offers flights to North and Central America. Also to destinations in Canada. It is the second most important airline in Canada. It operates since 1996.
- AirAsiaX: AirAsia franchise, based in Kuala Kampur (Malaysia). It is the largest of the airlines low cost from Asia. It has an alliance with Virgin Group and Air Canada. Fly to Australia, China, India, Malaysia, United Kingdom and United States.
- JetStar Airways: based in Australia, it is a subsidiary of Qantas. It has flights to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Thailand, Europe and the United States.
- Easyjet: British airline based in London, has been operating since 1995. It flies to almost all of Europe. Also to Egypt, Morocco, Israel and Turkey.
- Norwegian: It is the third largest low-cost airline in Europe. It operates since 1993, based in Norway. Fly to Europe, the United States, United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Singapore and Argentina.
- AirAsia: It became synonymous with quality. Founded in 1993, it is based in Malaysia. Fly practically all over Asia. Also to Australia, New Zealand, France and the United Kingdom.
Airlines low cost in Latin America
As is evident, Latin American low cost airlines are not in the list of the best. It is a modality that is just beginning to take hold on the continent. However, it is growing significantly.
Although there is no official listing about these airlines, it can be said that the best known and reliable are the following:
- Azul Airlines: Brazilian. Travel to all of Brazil, Miami and Lisbon.
- Goal: also Brazilian. It travels throughout Brazil, the United States, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay and Suriname.
- Volaris: Mexican. Fly to Mexico, the United States and Central America.
- Long live Colombia: Fly to Colombia, Lima, Quito, Miami and Panama.
- Interjet: Mexican. Fly to Mexico, the United States, Costa Rica, Cuba, Colombia and Peru.
- Long live Aerobus: Mexican. It operates only in Mexico.
- Easyfly: Colombian. It only operates locally.
- Sky airline: Chilean. Fly to Lima, Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Montevideo and Mendoza.
- southwest Airlines: U.S. Fly to the US, Belize, Costa Rica, Mexico and Cuba.
- Virgin america: U.S. Fly to the US, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica and Cuba.
- Air Canada Rouge: Fly to Canada and the Caribbean.
- Frontier Airlines: U.S. Fly to the US, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Mexico.
- Spirit Airlines: U.S. Fly to the US, Central and South America.
With this extensive list, You already have where to start looking for the trip of your dreams, without worrying that money is an obstacle.